Friday, August 21, 2009

what a day....

Leah turned 9 months old yesterday (Thursday, August 20th) and today was her 9 mos checkup. As always she did great - weighed 21lbs and was right at 30 in tall. Dr. said everything looked good. Shots weren't too bad - only 2 this time. Leah went with me to school right after (just for a few minutes). She enjoyed going up and down the hall in Coach's Barnes little girl's walker for a little bit then we headed home. Daddy and I took Leah out to get a new dress and shoes. Her feet seem to have hit a little growth spurt the last month or so - so we needed a pair that fit her. On the way home we had a little scare...Leah seemed to be choking on something (we figured out later it must have been her spit)....oh wow...I jumped back to the back seat quickly and Micah was panicking. We stopped and got her out of the carseat and I patted her back a little...she caught her breath and seemed better - just giggling etc. We called the nurse and talked with her....she said the same thing we thought and to just keep an eye on her....that made us feel better.
We were definitely nervous for a little bit!!
It has been a long day - finally settled at home tonight we gave Leah her first bite (or 2) of ice cream. SHE LOVED IT!
She would have eaten the whole bowl if I would have let her. :)